Morning Session: The M&A Process and Current Transaction Climate
In the morning session, we will provide an overview of the current deal climate. We will also discuss a variety of topics, including market transaction trends, M&A alternatives, M&A timelines, success stories, and more. In addition, we will address the following:
1) What types of firms participate in the market for acquisitions?
2) What are the motivations for participants?
3) What are the outcomes of M&As?
4) What can we learn to improve M&As assuming that we are in the role of a top manager?
Afternoon Session: M&A Accounting Update
During the afternoon session, Dr. Regan Garey, CPA will offer an overview of acquisition accounting and the latest with respect to ASC 805 - Business Combinations. This should help participants understand the key components of ASC 805 including: identifiable assets and liabilities, goodwill treatment, and tax implications.
- Review the M&A climate: deals and trends
- Analyze M&A alternatives, valuation issues, financing, the sell side process, M&A timelines
- Discuss the strategy of M&A deals, including the role of management
- Analyze key components of ASC 805 including: identifiable assets and liabilities, goodwill treatment, and tax implications.
* McDevitt and Kline's live, internet-based courses are approved as Distance Learning courses by the PA Supreme Court CLE Board. For additional information, please visit http://www.pacle.org/. Check with your State CLE Board for rules pertaining to live webcasts. These rules differ from state to state. For example, PA attorneys may earn up to 6 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 6 out of 12 credits per year); NJ and DE attorneys may earn up to 12 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 12 out of 24 credits per two years).
McDevitt & Kline, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org.