Morning Session: The M&A Process and Current Transaction Climate
In the morning session, we will provide an overview of the current deal climate. We will also discuss a variety of topics, including market transaction trends, M&A alternatives, M&A timelines, success stories, and more. In addition, we will address the following:
1) What types of firms participate in the market for acquisitions?
2) What are the motivations for participants?
3) What are the outcomes of M&As?
4) What can we learn to improve M&As assuming that we are in the role of a top manager?
Afternoon Session: M&A Accounting Update
During the afternoon session, Dr. Regan Garey, CPA will offer an overview of acquisition accounting and the latest with respect to ASC 805 - Business Combinations. This should help participants understand the key components of ASC 805 including: identifiable assets and liabilities, goodwill treatment, and tax implications.
- Review the M&A climate: deals and trends
- Analyze M&A alternatives, valuation issues, financing, the sell side process, M&A timelines
- Discuss the strategy of M&A deals, including the role of management
- Analyze key components of ASC 805 including: identifiable assets and liabilities, goodwill treatment, and tax implications.